Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Past and Pending

We landed in New York on a rainy Wednesday night and trekked with our 40 pounds to the Financial District apartment of our amazing friends Lindsey and John. It was a quick 3-day stop but we had an amazing time. There was quite a heat wave our first day there, and we spent the day walking in 95 degrees, and occasionally ducking into coffee shops, etc, to escape the heat.

The highlight of the trip was hands down our trip to the new High Line Park, built on the old elevated train tracks on the west side. We took a walk up the length of it to 30th, and discovered that they had opened a beer garden complete with alternating food trucks underneath the tracks for the summer just 2 days before we arrived. I have to say, it was one of the more genius ideas I've witnessed. 

We saw old friends, relaxed in the parks, and had our first real live Brooklyn nightlife experience. I also visited Parsons to get a feel for the school, on the same day I had to make my decision about attending. I decided against it, after an hour of stressed contemplation. So I guess this is my "announcement" (it's hard to say that without sounding like I assume you all care so much about this) that I won't be heading to New York quite yet. But I'll certainly be back - New York is the greatest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment